Here you'll find all of our Knie-Bandagen
Please, click on the thumb and you will get detailed information to this support.
You me receive further information on our wide range of supports also consulting: Supports sorted according to sport.
More supports of this type you will find here.
TSM knee support with stay as developed by Dr. Biehl
3171 (blue) with AET double-hinge steel stays
3271 (blue) with AET double-hinge, light metal stay
3371 (blue) with "Bock" stay 7 U 56 (*)
3471 (blue) with AET double-hinge steel stay "FE" (*)
3571 (blue) with AET double-hinge steel stay "FEV" (**)
3172 (blue) with steel spring 20 x 2 mm
Support is the same cut as item no. 3209, with the exception of its thickness (5 mm instead of 3 mm). This produces perceptibly higher lateral stabilization and greater restriction of the "drawer effect" (see TÜV comparative measurements).
The following stays can be exchanged, cut to length and individually shaped (mechanical / thermoplastic). They provide indication-specific stabilization (stays supplied with the support):
- AET double hinge steel stay with 10° extension limiting function, width 2.5 cm, thickness 2 mm, weight 265 g (set) without support,
- AET double hinge light metal stay with 10° extension limiting function, width 2.5 cm, thickness 2 mm, weight 135 g (set) without support,
- "Bock" stay 7 U 56 made of synthetic plastic, width 3 cm, with adjustable flexion limiting function at 40, 60, 80, 100° and extension limiting function at 10, 20, 30, 40°, weight 230 g (set) without support,
- AET double joint steel stays "FE", "FEV", width 2.5 cm, with adjustable flexion limiting function at 60, 80, 100° or 60, 90° and extension limiting function at 10, 20, 30°, "FEV" toothed, weight 200 g (set) without support,
- AET steel spring 20 x 2 mm made of sprung steel in shrink sleeve; for better stabilization when bending; weight 55 g (set) without support, (as part of 3172).
To guide the patella better and reinforce compression locally, additional polyethylene buttresses (see no. 3209) can be integrated, attached to the inside of the support. The silicone rubber "horseshoe" buttress can be placed medially, laterally or as required (see below). The patellar cut-out can be cut to suit personal requirements. The patellar tendon strap can also be used.
(*) flexion/extension limitation (**) flexion/extension limitation, toothed
Range of application: Rehabilitation
- Traumatic and degenerative knee joint disease
- Low-grade and medium-grade ligamentous instability
- Osteoarthritis of the knee
- Retropatellar arthrosis
- Habitual luxation of the patella
- Tendency of the patella towards subluxation
- Capsular ligament injuries
- Instability with athrosis
- Insulating layer 5 mm
- Length at front 37 cm
- Length at popliteal space 27 cm
- Weight (size M) 495/370/400/420/420 g
- no. 3172 280 g
Circumference over middle of the knee-cap while keeping leg extended:
* Support is available as special order